Thursday, August 25, 2016

Lash Extensions with Carolina Eye Candy


I have been debating taking the plunge into eyelash extensions for the past year.
There were many questions I had ranging from comfort, to maintenance,
to most importantly-whether or not extensions would harm my natural lashes.
After much research I discovered that Carolina Eye Candy was the most 
reputable and professional eyelash and beauty salon in South Carolina.

I was immediately impressed as soon as my appointment began.
My stylist (and CEC owner), Elizabeth took time to carefully assess
the quality, length, and curve of my natural lashes in order to determine
which set of lash extensions would be best. 
{You can view a full list of their lash extension offerings here!}
For me, she decided that the Volume Lashes would be best because 
my natural lashes were already fairly full and lengthy.
I was so happy with the Volume Lashes, which are thicker and fuller 
compared to other classic semi-permanent lashes. 
 Dimensions of these lashes range from 2D-6D (Dimensions)-I received 3D.
The number stands for the amount of extensions applied to each natural lash.
If you're concerned as to whether they will appear artificial,
don't fret because lash extensions come in varying curls, lengths, and diameters-
you get what makes you feel your best!
If you have any further questions regarding Volume Lashes,
 find everything else you need to know here.

 To elaborate on my experience with my new extensions,
I've loved them! I'm seriously wishing I had done this sooner.
The comfort is great, cannot even tell I have them.
Best part. It is such a time saver!
It has literally cut my makeup routine in half.
During the week when I wear little, if any makeup,
I still have a put together look.
When I do wear full makeup I only have to apply shadow and a minimal amount of eyeliner.
As far as upkeep, you only need to come back in around every 4 weeks for a fill-in.
Since I had so many questions walking into this process,
I put together a little q&a to answer the most common questions:

What are semi-permanent lash extensions?
Semi-permanent eyelash extensions contain single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are offered in various lengths, thicknesses, curvatures and colors.

Are lash extensions safe?
Yes. The procedure is pain-free and will not harm your eyelids or natural lashes. Extensions are never applied directly to your eyelids.

How are they applied?
You recline comfortably with your eyes closed. The Stylist applies eyelash extensions to your individual natural eyelashes, one at a time, using a medical grade adhesive.

How do I prepare for my procedure?
Do not wear any mascara or curl your lashes. Eyelids and lashes must be completely clean and dry.
 Also remove contact lenses.

How long do extensions last?
When properly maintained, Individual Eyelash extensions can last indefinitely with touch ups done every two to four weeks.

Can I apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
One of the biggest advantages is that you don't need mascara. If you do want mascara, be sure to ask your CEC Stylist about mascaras specially formulated to be compatible with eyelash extensions. Never use water proof or oil based mascara!


If you are in the South Carolina area I strongly recommend you stop by Carolina Eye Candy
and let Elizabeth and her stylists suit you up with a fabulous set of lashes.
They have three locations located in Summerville, Charleston and Columbia
and also offer services in spray tanning, waxing and threading.

Shoot me an email or leave me a comment if you have any other questions!
Thanks for reading and have a great day, guys:)



1 comment:

The Sunday Mode said...

Oh my gosh these look so good! Makes me seriously want to consider getting this done to my lashes.

www.thesundaymode.com